MODULE 1: Induction to restorative justice
- Module 1: Induction to restorative justice
- The Fall and Rise of restorative justice
- Restorative justice theory
- A range of definitions
- Being reflective about restorative justice
- An overarching ethos
- Some Basic Principles
- Power sharing
- Conflicts in conception
- Restorative justice practice
- Restorative justice and prevention
- Minimising conflict
- Goals of Liberal Education and the Practice of Restorative Justice
- Restorative Justice standards
- Reflecting on your own work with young people
MODULE 2: Understanding violent youth radicalisation
- What is violent radicalisation?
- Radicalisation, violent radicalisation and extremism
- Violent extremism, religious fundamentalistm, terrorism
- Definition for violent radicalisation?
- The process of radicalisation
- Forms of extremism
- General data
- International and European legal framework
- Which groups of people do you think are most susceptible to radicalisation?
- What are the causes?
- Pull and Push factors
- Other causes of violent radicalisation
- Are there any solutions?
Module 3: Human rights and the prevention of violent radicalisation
- Youth participation and prevention
- What are human rights?
- Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Parties to the convention
- Right to participate and to be heard
- What are the positive aspects of listening and participation?
- Are you a good listener?
- What does a good listener have to do with restorative justice?
MODULE 4: The role and power of education
MODULE 5: Positive Psychology, the Good Lives Model & Prevention
- Headlines in the newspapers …
- What is positive psycology?
- Positive psychology
- Good Lives Model
- The Good Lives Model and young people
- Youth work: Young person centered
- What makes a positive experience?
- Fauzia story
- See the strengths in young people
- The five victims of terror
- How does the GLM, positive psychology and restorative justice relate to violent youth radicalisaton?
- The vulnerability of the individual
- Empathy & the possibilities
- The “assumptions” and the reality
- The role and limitations of restorative justice
- Where do we go from here?
MODULE 6: Stereotypes - Prejudices - Discrimination